Hi there and welcome back to another blog post!
With the captivating scents of sand beaches and beautifully delicious drinks, I am all set into vacation mode(in my imagination..lol). As much as I would love to travel all the time, I often try to bring a little bit of different places in my home through trying out new recipes, buying traditional clothing and also reflecting in the way I style my home. Beauty wise, I often tend to experiment with DIY scrubs since they are the easiest and costs soooo much less than readymade ones. What I love about these moisturising and refreshing gritty products is you can do so much with minimum risk involved. Keeping in mind the summer vibes and glowing skin, I have come up with a scrub recipe that smells invigorating and spicy, feels extremely refreshing, moisturises even the driest of skin and helps with cellulite. If you are going for a vacation then you must get your body beach ready and for that you need to start with this scrub. Scroll down for the recipe and steps to achieve perfect beach body.
Here’s the recipe;
1 Cup of Sweet Almond Oil
1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
1 Cup of Caster Sugar/Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup of Coffee Powder
1/8 Cup of Roasted Coconut Flakes
4 Tablespoons of Loose Black Tea
8 Drops of Rose Essential Oil
6 Drops of Sweet Orange Essential Oil
4 Drops of Ginger and 5 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oils
1/2 Tablespoon of Torn Dried Rose Petals (Optional)
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add sweet almond oil and coconut oil, combine and gradually add the essential oils while mixing simultaneously. Towards the end, you should be able to achieve a smooth yet gritty wet sand like consistency. This mixture should be enough for entire body. Leftovers can be easily stored in the refrigerator for a week or two and more if you discard coconut flakes. Do not let water get into the scrub or it may turn bad rather quickly.
Rose is the most subtle yet captivating scent that works exceptionally well with the scent of coconut. Orange being a refreshing scent lifts up the mood and the spicy note of ginger with tingle of peppermint not only invigorates but along with tea and coffee powder it stimulates the blood circulation which in turn helps to reduce cellulite visibly. Use it twice to thrice a week.
How to get your skin and body beach ready in few easily adaptable steps;
-At shower start with a body brush like this one here and go in circular or sweeping motions starting from your legs towards your heart. Dry body brushing is an age old yet one of thr highly effective ways to improve blood circulation, stimulates the burning of fat cells and that tingle afterwards is not to be worried about.
-Follow up with the scrub recipe mentioned above and rub firmly yet gently all over your body concentrating more on your ankles, knees,thighs, buttocks and abdomen. Also, don’t forget the décolletage!
Wash it off at the shower to get luxuriously smooth skin without the slick.
– Once done, take a decent amount of body lotion or cream that provides firming, moisturising and smoothening results like this cellulite cream and smother on damp skin. This cream is a natural option to the more conventional and costlier ones. It has guarana extract that is naturally rich in caffeine and along with retinol it helps in micro circulation and skin rejuvenation. Gradually the skin will look more even and those annoying dimples will be less prominent. With the addition of jojoba, safflower, glycerin your skin will be smoother with a healthy glow and also tan evenly.
-Stop using chemical exfoliants, ingredients encouraging faster cell turnover and products with higher amounts of retinol, citrus essential oils a week before your vacation as these products make the skin very sensitive to sun light. Don’t want an unexpected rash, pigmentation or peeling, do we?
-For glowy skin one needs to start with skincare than makeup. Indulge in hydrating and plumping oxygen facials along with brightening and de congesting skincare products. Choose ingredients like Vitamin C(not essential oils), Arbutin, Niacinamide, Seaweed, Hyaluronic Acid for bright and plump skin. Natural essential oils like Tea Tree, Calendula, Chamomile help with de congestion, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory effect.
– Indulge in foods that are high in water content like watermelons, cantoulopes, cucumbers and reduce the intake of soft drinks, energy drinks, tea and coffee(great for topical use instead) replacing with plain water.
-Sugar is the main culprit for bloating, breakouts, feeling of sluggishness and fatigue, so avoid it atleast for two weeks before your vacation. This also includes fruits so consume your tall glass of OJ or rich smoothie before late afternoon.
-Try exercising like a simple 45 minutes brisk walk or light 25 minutes jogging. Do a bit of crunches, squats and buttock firming exercises.
-If you aren’t patient enough or have some resistant spots that never seem to go away, gear in for more serious action and talk to your GP who can suggest a good body sculpting clinic. Various treatments like coolsculpting, Z-wave, cellulaze or surgical options like liposuction are very popular and quite effective. This is an optional step and depends on individualistic perspective.
– Feeling conscious is a very very common thing so don’t hesitate to purchase and style your beach outfits with a little deceiving action(unless you are a fitness enthusiast). I recommend following these few tips;
1) If you have worries about your abdomen, switch to a bikini with spanx.
2) Layer with a kaftan with front open to cover up back or butt bulges.
3) Go for a hip length swimsuit that will slim down the thighs little bit.
4) Most women love to show off their décolletage and bust area as it adds a zing of feminism and sexy. Add some bling to your bikini top or choose a mid length bohemian necklace.
5) Love the top half of your body and resent the bottom? Choose a push up bikini top with sequins or in brighter neon shades. A sarong in darker shades with no prints will optically provide a slimmer hip area and add length by slipping into wedges. You don’t need to spend on a simple piece of cloth. Buy a medium length dupatta(traditional Desi cover up) with pom poms or tassels. Go for front knot or side knot with a deep slit or triangle skirt. For more options and full body cover up style in these different ways.
Please Comment, Like and Share if you found this post helpful. Don’t forget to follow for upcoming posts
Thank you so much for reading and supporting me..GOOD LUCK..xoxo