Hello Again My Beautiful People!!
Previously , I wrote about do’s and don’ts and tips about summer skincare that described the kind of products to choose when shopping for the hot and humid weather. I had also posted some easy, safe and all natural effective face masques. I would suggest you to take a look and read it out, in case you haven’t. Here is the link >>CLICK<<
Getting back to this post. There are so many products to try and experiment when it comes to summer beauty. There are lots of tips to choose from and some are functional, while some leave consumers confused. For example, whether to use light moisturiser or just leave skincare routine limited to cleansing can and always does bother so many people throughout the world and I was not any different.
Over the years, I have learnt and understood many things that are not given enough priority or almost never even thought of when taking care of our skin during the scorching temperatures.
Considering the hot weather is not same throughout the planet, I have combined a list of different products you can choose from while shopping for the summers..
So, Let’s jump right in..
As the secret behind every beautiful looking glowing skin is the right skincare routine, Today we will talk about summer skincare products.
Getting rid of excess surface oil and grime while maintaining the moisture balance is major concern during summers. Some of my favourite cleansers are,
I normally use Kiehl’s during the day when I am not very active. And use Biore when I had extra time outside getting all the pollution, grime, free radicals etc etc…and making my skin go through hell of a lifetime.
- Kiehl’s Centella Asiatica Cleanser is mild enough to not strip the skin of its natural oils but also does a good job of cleansing and making the skin look and feel refreshed. It has Aloe, Chamomile and star ingredient Centella Asiatica that has healing and anti bacterial properties.
- Biore Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser is great for very active, highly sweat induced situations. It, however does not make the skin feel stretchy like other Biore cleansers do.
- The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Face Wash does deeply clean but also leaves skin soothed. Seaweed in itself is skin soothing and healing ingredient.
During the daytime, it is best to avoid rich treatments and opt for hydrating gel moisturisers,
During no extra product night, I layer thick coating of gel moisturisers and sleep and I wake up with such supple and dewy skin.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel is just like water, but still very hydrating and with moisture binding hyaluronic acid.
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream Gel is lighter gel like version of the brand’s infamous HydraQuench cream. I love it because it not only provides cooling amd soothing effect but has katafray bark and pomegranate that are great antioxidants.
Some of the oil-free moisturisers with an added bonus of UV protection that have been frequent purchase of mine are,
- CeraVe AM Facial moisturising Lotion SPF 30 is one of those products that provide the effect of a moisturiser, benefits the skin with repairing, lightening effect and also provides good sun protection. It has niacinamide, ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- Estee Lauder Crescent White Full Cycle Brightening UV SPF 30 is light weight, satin finish moisturiser that provides just right hydration with up to date sun protection. As with all Estee Lauder products, this one too has several skin repairing ingredients.
Hydrating waters are a skincare must these days. From setting the makeup to instantly revive a dull, tired looking skin, these waters are in the bags of every beauty editor to supermodels. And certainly, I have not deprived myself from being part of the gang. These are pure spring waters or derived from organic ingredients that nourish and hydrate the skin.
I keep one in my purse as sometimes it gets excessively humid and skin feels parched after heavy perspiration. I also spritz in the night after cleansing and then follow up with serum on damp skin.
- La Roche Posay EFFACLAR Thermal Spring Water is water derived from the springs of and has been used since many years in treating many skin conditions. Technically, it has many minerals and trace elements like silica and aesthetically it provides clinically proven immediate skin soothing effect.
- Caudalie Grape Water is derived from organic grapes and has no other ingredients which makes it ideal for all skin types including extra sensitive and wonderful must have for every skincare junkie.
After we are done with cleansing and nourishing the skin and the all the hard work we put in, it is important to preserve it and reap the benefits of the products by protecting our skin from the ultraviolet rays. I personally feel that an SPF does count and during sunny days, it is best to use high SPF protection that is not greasy and stays for longer duration without wearing off.
The only thing anyone cam everyone expects from sunscreens is good sun protection. But, many people I know find it most difficult to find a right sunscreen. I, myself agree, that sunscreens can be tricky.
Just onething to never neglect is applying it 30 minutes before getting out in the sun and reapplying after three hours if you are constantly under the sun and sweaty.
- Peter Thomas Roth Ultra Lite Oil-Free Sunblock SPF 30 is chemical sunscreen and has added skin care with presence of Vitamins C and A and phospholipids.
- Neutrogena Sport CoolDry SPF 50 Stick is perfect for those who are very active under the sun. It is convenient, provides reliable UVA and UVB protection.
- La Roche Posay Mineral Anthelios 50 is a great fluid sunscreen and mineral actives are perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 45 provides complete UVA and UVB protection with helioplex technology which is light weight, satin finish and is not easily worn off.
- Kiehl’s Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ again has a lotion like texture and dries to satiny finish. It is very light weight and provides chemical actives based sun protection.
While we have taken care of day time full proof care and protection, we should not ignore the products we put on during the night time. Infact, as we cannot use some of the products that contains ingredients that are moisturising and good for healthy skin function as well during the day, we should not entirely leave them out.
I don’t rub the treatments or oils, instead I pat and let them absorb themselves.
- Clinique Smart Treatment Oil is a concoction of diferent skin repairing and anti inflammatory properties rich oils. I love to use it on top my night time serum and wake up with plump looking skin.
- CeraVe Moisturising Cream is universal product that is even recommended by doctors to use on body as well as face. It has hyaluronic acid and ceramides both that are fundamental to have healthy moisture barrier.
- Sia Botanics Deep Hydration Night Cream was a gift to me with other products from the same brand. This one is great as it contains a good mix of moisturising, anti oxidant and sebum alike jojoba oil.
- ROC Deep Wrinkle Night Cream is gentler version of Retinols available. This is best if you are acquainting yourself with Vitamin A products or if your skin becomes sensitive. It also has squalene and shea butter that are really great moisturising ingredients.
While the consumer market offers tons of options to choose from in the night cream or treatments section, it does not mean we cannot the products meant for day time use. Unless, of course we should skip if any product contains UV protection.
So, these are some of my favourite skincare products for summers.
Do you use any of these products? What are your favourites?
Do let me know in the comments and please do not forget to LIKE or FOLLOW if this post was helpful for you.
I will see you all very soon with PART-2 of my Summer Care Essentials.
(Image courtesy:Respective brands).